Because I am getting a jump on the holidays this year, I’m trying these out to see how they freeze. All I did was “stir them up” and freeze. I won’t pop them into the oven until we are ready to eat them. I see no reason why this will not work well.
Okay, it’s true that these can’t even sort of compare with my daughter-in-law’s homemade cinnamon rolls. But…those take hours and a LOT of hard work. These “almost homemade” caramel cinnamon rolls are delicious, and anyone can make them!
There are actually several types of canned rolls that work great with this recipe.
1-2 Tubes Pillsbury Place n Bake Crescent Rounds
1-2 Tubes Pillsbury (or any kind) Cinnamon Rolls
1/4 Cup Butter
1 (14 Ounce) Jar Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
Today I’m making with Grands Cinnamon Rolls, and I am using 2 tubes. If you are making fewer rolls, you may want to 1/2 the sauce ingredients. Also, if you are not using cinnamon rolls, you will want to add a couple of shakes of cinnamon into your topping.
1. Melt butter.
2. Stir in ice cream topping and mix well.
3. Stir in pecans.
4. Pour warm sauce into a buttered pie plate that is just big enough to hold all the rolls.
5. If you want your rolls to be covered in more sauce and softer, sit each roll in the sauce and then turn over so that both sides are covered.
6. If you want your rolls to have a little more body, simply put top down into the sauce, leaving the bottom dry.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes, but begin checking after 25.