These are absolutely DELISH! In fact, they are probably the best biscuits that I have ever eaten. The thing you need to watch for is patting them out too thin because they do not rise much; however, they are the smoothest tasting biscuit I have ever put in my mouth!
One thing I have wondered about (and never tried) is whether I could get by with adding a bit of baking powder or not. I’m not really sure.
2 Cups Bisquick (and maybe about a tablespoon more)
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup 7up
1/4 Cup Butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cut sour cream into Bisquick with either 2 knives or a pastry blender.
2. Stir in 7up. Dough will be very sticky. Let it set for a minute or two. It will thicken a bit. If needed add about an extra tablespoon of Bisquick.
3. Use a bit of Bisquick to “flour” your counter and pat or roll out dough.
4. Melt butter in a pie plate…or whatever you cook biscuits in.
5. Cut out biscuits. Dip one side in butter and then flip as you lay in pie plate or pan.
6. Bake about 20 minutes or until brown. Don’t overcook.