It really doesn’t take a lot to help your children make beautiful memories. Just a little time and a bit of creativity can build a memory that they will carry with them for a lifetime. The following is a great idea for a Valentine’s Day breakfast drink, and the beauty of it is that you can actually prepare ahead so that your morning is relaxed instead of rushed.
Melting Chocolate, white or dark
Sprinkles, colored sugar also works
1. Melt your chocolate. I am using peppermint melting discs that melt easily in the microwave, but whatever you choose to use will be fine.
3. Before the chocolate dries, sprinkle colored sugar or even larger sprinkles on top of your chocolate.
To make your morning easier, these can be made several days ahead and stored somewhere cool.
As for the drink that goes in the glass, you have several choices, but I do think it needs to be red, don’t you?
1. Simply stir strawberry flavoring into milk for strawberry milk.
2. If you don’t allow your children the chemicals in the syrup, blend fresh strawberries and milk together or use frozen berries to make a smoothie.
3. Use a tiny amount of food coloring to make your milk red.
Whatever the drink, be sure to top it with whipped cream and maybe a few sprinkles or colored sugar. Oh, and don’t let your older children fool you. They may not tell you, but they will think you are pretty cool to have done something to make their day special.
Don’t forget the camera. You’ll want photos!