Let’s face it. A lot of you just don’t like to drink water, right? I hear it every single day, and my own mother-in-law stays dehydrated because she refuses to drink the stuff. Sometimes we just have to trick ourselves into doing what we don’t want to do and certainly into doing what’s truly good for us.
Today, I’m hoping that if you are not already drinking this detox water, you’ll give it a try. It’s delicious; it has detoxing properties; cucumbers have been touted over and over as metabolism boosters, and who doesn’t want to boost metabolism?
Now, before we start, if you don’t have a really pretty pitcher you need to do without something else and go buy you one. A pretty water makes you feel better, and you are more likely to use it if it makes you feel good just to look at it. My lighting was very bad on the day I took my photos, but my water is beautiful!
1 Cucumber, sliced
1-2 Lemons, sliced
1/2 Handful of mint, I used peppermint.
1. If your ingredients are not organic, be sure to soak a few minutes in our natural veggie wash.
2. Slice cucumber and lemon and put in pitcher.
3. Add mint.
4. I use an alkaline water that I can buy locally. Of course, that is a bit of an overkill since your ingredients are going to make your water more alkaline so all I will say about your water is that you need to know your source.
5. You can put in the fridge now, but I like to let mine sit on the cabinet for an hour or so before I put it in the fridge. Let it sit overnight.
6. Your day’s water is now ready for you. If you want to really feel that you are drinking something special, serve yourself in stemware or your favorite, most special, drinking vessel.
*Although these ingredients will make about a gallon of water, this pitcher only holds about 1/2 that amount so I usually add water to it a time or two as I serve it.
Now, get to drinking!