A few days ago, we posted a recipe for Oh My Gosh Cherry Cobbler. Rickey liked it a lot, but he really likes peach better than cherry so I decided to adapt the recipe to work as a peach cobbler. The result was a delicious dessert!
If you need step by step photos for how to construct this one, just click on the cherry cobbler link above.
1 Tube Crescent Rolls, I used Grands.
8 Ounces Cream Cheese
1 1/4 Cups plus about 2 tablespoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
Peaches, from large can of sliced peaches, no juice unless you like a juicier cobbler.
1-2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Butter bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 casserole.
2. Pat 1/2 of the rolls to cover the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
3. Bake for about 12 minutes. (Check after 10.)
4. While crust bakes, mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla together.
5. Pour this mixture over hot crust.
6. Put peaches in food processor and pulse until there are no whole pieces, but still coarse.
7. Smooth peaches over cream cheese mixture and cover with 1/4 cup sugar.
8. Carefully stretch remaining rolls to cover entire casserole pan.
9. Brush or spoon on melted butter and then sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
10. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
If it is at all possible, serve warm.