Tis The Season!!! For gardens and all things fresh and new, potatoes being one of them, and you think you will never tire of them, right? You boil them, butter them, cheese them, and add them to a big ole mess of peas, savoring the taste of summer. And then…you wish you could think of something different, don’t you? Well, we’ve got you covered!
These bacon-wrapped new potatoes provide the perfect spice for any mean, and with only two ingredients, how easy can it be?
1. In a large bowl, make a brine of salt and water (waste of time unless it is very salty).
2. Poke holes into each potato with a toothpick and soak in the brine for a couple of hours… or an afternoon!
3. Pat with a paper towel, but don’t rub hard. You want some salt to survive.
4. Wrap the potato with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
5. From here, you will have to experiment. You can simply put on the grill, or you might wrap in foil before doing so. The foil makes a juicier potato, but your bacon won’t be as crisp. You can also wrap in foil, and then just put on the grill for 2-3 minutes after potatoes are done.