This is actually a new recipe for me today. It makes 1 large loaf of bread or 3 of the mini loaves, but today, I am making the large loaf.*
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Quick Oats
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg, beaten
3 Bananas, mashed
1/2 Cup Buttermilk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and butter and flour your pan/pans.
1. Mix together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
2. In another bowl, mix brown sugar and coconut oil until well combined.
3. Add egg and bananas, mixing until smooth.
4. Stir dry ingredients into the wet, minus the milk.
5. Stir in buttermilk and mix just until combined.
6. Pour into baking pans and bake.
7. Begin checking after 35 minutes. Do not over bake, or the bread will be too dry. (The only thing I disliked about this bread is that it does look dry to me, and it absolutely is not.)
8. Obviously, it tastes great warm, but it will slice better cold.
*Obviously, the bread in my photo is orange. That is because the banana bread went so fast, I did not have time to get a photo. I decided to make two more loaves, using pumpkin this time! The bread is not my favorite banana bread, but we LOVED it as a breakfast bread. It is hearty, and I think the smell of the oats just makes it feel like morning! We did, however, like the banana a little better than we did the pumpkin.