Last week we published a natural banana facial mask that is a wonderful mask for all skin types. I love the way it moisturizes and softens my skin and I use it often. However, I also need a mask that addresses the hyperpigmentation that often comes with age.
For this problem, I use an egg white and lemon mask 2-3 tmes per week. (As always, if you have an egg phobia or allergy this mask is not for you.) If you have dry skin, you will want to follow this mask with some good organic coconut oil as a moisturizer or even with a “chaser” massage/mask if you have the time and are really dedicated.
You also have to remember that we are all in this for the long haul. One or two treatments won’t have you all faded out! Of course, the thing to do is begin your skin regimen long before you know you need it. No, I didn’t always do it either!
1 Egg White
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1. Put egg white in small bowl and whip with a fork for about 60 seconds. You could pulse a couple of times in a food processor, but then you’d have to wash the thing!
2. When egg is frothed well, add lemon juice.
3. Stir well and then begin applying it as heavily as possible to your face.
4. Go do something else until mixture dries. I actually go back and reapply a couple of times after one layer dries, but this is not necessary.
5. Let mixture dry very well. It will create a bit of a pull on your skin.
6. Rinse off well with warm water.
I usually follow this fade treatment with what I call a chaser in the form of a massage/mask. However, if you do not have that kind of time or want to, just be sure that you moisturize well after this mask.
A tiny bit of organic coconut oil works beautifully as a moisturizer. For my skin type, I use less than 1/8 of a teaspoon. If you have dry skin, you will need more.
*Do not use this mask if you are sensitive to or have an allergy to any of these ingredients.