When I was young, working, and doing my best to keep my head above water as I tried to keep up with our children, I found the time to do good things for my skin, whether it looked like it needed it or not. Today, I’m old and the kids are gone along with my young skin, and I struggle to have time to do anything for myself.
I do, however, make time to hold to the skin care of my younger years, beginning with my banana mask. It does have an egg in it, so if you have an egg phobia or even an egg alergy, you will not want to use this one; however, it is one of my favorite facial masks, and the really good thing about this one is that it works great for all skin types.
I’ll be posting other masks in the future.
1 Egg Yolk
1-2 Teaspoons Organic Coconut Oil or Olive Oil, extra virgin
1. Mix all together in a blender or food processor. Obviously, you could mix by hand, but it would be messy!
2. Pour into a bowl and then cover your face and neck with a thick layer.*
3. Relax for 30-45 minutes without making a lot of facial expressions.
4. Do not be surprised when the mixture darkens as it dries.
5. Rinse very well with warm water and then pat with cold. I do not need to moisturize after using this mask, but if you have dry skin you might want to follow mask with a tiny amount of organic coconut oil.
When I think I have the time, I slather the excess on my hands and arms. I know they appreciate the help as well!
Also, when I was young, I used 1 teaspoon olive oil in the mixture since my skin already had natural oil. Today, I use 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and switch out with the same amount of olive oil on some days. I do not have terribly dry skin. If you do, you may want to adjust the oil amount even more.
While there is quite a bit of info to be found on the benefits of eggs and olive oil to the skin, I can’t tell you that it is true. What I can tell you is that I love what this does for my skin after a 30-45 minute treatment. Keep in mind that I do not have heavy wrinkes (actually, no real wrinkles), but I am beginning to see the normal sag and bag. My skin always looks and feels better after this mask.
Will this mask give me the facelift that I need? Of course, not. However, it does nourish and brighten then skin that I have!
*Unless you have time to lather your body, this will be more than you need for your face. There are also times when (instead of layering this on as a thick mask) I rub this in completely on my face and leave on for 30 minutes or so. It makes a wonderfully moisturizing bit of nutrition for the face.