My photo for this one is not great. We were in a huge hurry getting ready for a tasting of desserts, and I just did not have a lot of time. I will tell you, however, that this is an absolutely delicious bread pudding.
2 tablespoons butter, softened, plus 2 tablespoons, melted
4 large eggs
4 cups heavy cream
1 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
6 cups 1/2-inch cubes bread, a day or so old works well.
6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
1 cup blueberries*
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
1. Butter a 10 X 14-inch baking dish.
2. Beat eggs.
3. Add cream, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg, mixing just long enough that all are combined.
4. Add the bread, chocolate, and blueberries and stir well.
5. Stir in the melted butter.
6. Pour into the prepared dish.
7. Bake until firm when pressed in the center, about 1 hour, but begin checking after 45 minute. You do not want to overbake!
8. Cool on a wire rack until just warm. I cool it if I want it to slice. If not, serve with a spoon and enjoy it hot!
*This recipe actually calls for dried blueberries. By using fresh, you will have a much moister pudding. In fact, it is so moist that you really do not need a topping. Of course, it is delicious with a typical bread pudding sauce or whipped cream.