Although the actual recipe for Brookies calls for boxed mixes, I don’t normally use a lot of mixes; however, the good thing is that you can either use your favorite brownie and chocolate chip recipe, or you can make these by using 2 mixes!
As to how good they are, all I can tell you is that I made these for a group recently and before I remembered to get a photo, they were all gone!
1 Box Brownie Mix (or make your favorite recipe)
1 Box Chocolate Cookie Dough Mix (or use your favorite recipe)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Butter WELL your muffin tins.
2. Mix up brownies.
3. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls.
4. Fill your muffin tin with brownie “dough” so that each well is about 1/3 full.*
5. Place a cookie ball into each well.
6. Bake, but do not over bake! All ovens are different, and you will have to watch the first time to see what works for your oven. I would start checking after 15 minutes and go from there.
*These will run and make a huge mess if they rise out of your pan. You probably need to bake only one Brookie the first time to make sure you have your amounts correct.