I goofed! I needed the usual “something different” to serve so I took this brownie cake recipe out of another recipe that was more complicated. It was an immediate hit…so much so that I completely forgot to take a photo! You can find the credit for the photo I’m using on the link below.
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup Cake Flour
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet chocolate, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour an 8″ round pan. I used a springform pan.
1. Combine sugars, butter, and vanilla and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time.
3. Sift dry ingredients into a bowl. Gradually, add to the butter mixture and mix on low speed. Blend just until ingredients are fully combined, nor more than a minute.
4. Stir in chocolate.
5. Pour into pan and bake for about 40 minutes (begin checking at 30 minutes).
6. Let the brownie cake cool completely so that it will set well enough to plate. If you don’t use a springform, a very large spatula will help.
7. When ready to serve, garnish with whipped cream and berries.