Our daughter, Julie, served this cake the last time we were together. It’s one of the almost homemade recipes that seem to be so popular these days, and it was a hit with the chocolate and berry lovers.
Ingredients For Brownies
1 Box Brownie Mix
1/4 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Apple Sauce
1/4 Cup Oil
Softened Vanilla Ice Cream, about 1 3/4 quarts
1. Mix all the above and bake brownies according to box directions. Cool completely.
2. Cut brownies into one-inch pieces or tear into pieces.
3. Press 1/2 of the brownies into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
4. Spread ice cream over brownies.
5. Press remaining brownies over ice cream.
6. Freeze for at least one hour.
Ingredients For Berry Sauce
2 Tablespoons Butter
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Honey
2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Quart Fresh Strawberries
2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
2 Cups Fresh Raspberries
1. Melt butter over medium heat in sauce pan.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients in order and continue simmering for 3-5 minutes.
Cut cake into squares and top with berries. Serve while berries are warm.