While it is good during the Christmas season, I seldom make it then. For some reason it is more of an Easter bread around our house, and it is delicious.
It is very “cinnamony” so if you want a lighter taste, just cut back on the cinnamon chips, maybe using only half of a bag.
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Sugar + 3 Tablespoons
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3 Teaspoons Cinnamon + 3 Teaspoons
1 Teaspoon Vanilla (I usually use 2.)
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
10 Ounces Cinnamon Chips, I use Hershey’s.*
1. Cream butter, sugar, salt, and cinnamon very, very well.
2. Add eggs and continuing mixing.
3. Add vanilla and sour cream and continue mixing.
4. Add flour and baking powder and mix until very well combined.
5. Stir in cinnamon chips.
6. Spoon into loaf pans, I use mini and get about 6 loaves.
7. Mix 3 tablespoons of sugar and 3 teaspoons of cinnamon and sprinkle over each loaf.
8. Bake at 350 for about 36 minutes.
9. Cool before removing from pan.
*I can’t find the cinnamon chips year round so I order from the Hershey Store and just keep a stash in the freezer.