This is probably one of the most interesting cookie recipes that I make. Actually, I suppose they should be called cookie bars since we are going to slice them. Today, I’m doing an overkill on chocolate since these are going to be served to children, but you can adjust the chocolate to suit your taste.
Prepared Sugar Cookie Dough, or simply use a 16 ounce roll
Pieces Of Candy Bars
1 Stick Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 cup chocolate chips, I used half white and half chocolate.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Butter a casserole or skillet. I used a 9 x 13 casserole.
2. Pat your sugar cookie dough into the pan. I have to admit that I used bought dough this time for the “crust.”
3. Place candy on the dough. I used a small pack of M&Ms, 2 snicker bars, and 2 packages of Twix.
I suppose you could top with a roll of chocolate chip dough. I did not simply because I did not want these to taste like I had done just that!
4. Cream butter, egg, sugars, salt, soda, and vanilla together until mixed very well.
5. Add flour and continue to mix.
6. Stir in chips if you want them. If I were eating these myself, I would probably omit the chips because of all of the candy.
7. Take large spoons of the dough and pat onto the top of the candy, making sure to cover it well.
8. Bake. Begin checking after 25 minutes.