Pie Crust Ingredients
2 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 pie shell
I used pre-made mini pie crusts that I bought at the store. They are delicious and to be very honest, I’ve never made my own crust before (when I try my grandmother’s recipe I will post pictures and the recipe).
Pie Crust Preparation
Pre-heat oven to 425°F
1. Take your sugar and cinnamon and mix together.
2. Put a generous amount in the pie shell and around the sides.
3. Cook crust for about 10 mins.
4. Take out and let cool as you are making the filling.
1 (15 oz) tub of whole milk ricotta cheese
1/2 cup of powdered sugar and some extra for making them pretty at the end 2 tbsp sugar (the everyday kind of sugar)
1 tsp of good quality vanilla extract (I get my friends to bring me some from Mexico.)
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I have some chocolate with chilies in it that I’m going to try next go round for a little unexpected kick)
1. Get a large bowl and mix everything together except the chocolate chips.
2. Once everything is blended together and creamy but it in a pastry bag. (Don’t worry if you do not have a pastry bag. A country girl can survive, just go get a large zip lock bag and you have your very own fancy pastry bag.)
3. Put your filling into the bag to chill in the ice box for about an hour. (Another little trick is to put your “pastry bag” into a glass with one of the corners in the bottom of the glass. It makes it easy to do because you don’t need an extra hand to help hold open the bag.
4. Now that you have very impatiently waited the full hour, you take your “pastry bag” and snip off a little of the corner and pipe the mixture into each of your mini-pie shells.
5. Sprinkle on the chocolate chips and dust with a little powdered sugar. It is best if you wait and pipe the filling into the shells close to the time you want to serve them so they do not get soggy but my leftovers I had for the next day tasted just as good and still had a flaky crust.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as me and my family did!!!!