I’ve been meaning to try this one for quite some time so this week when Presley and Marki decided to spend a few days with us, the time was finally right. You’ll have to cut the girls some slack…they were as tired as I was, and we certainly did not “fix our faces” to bake cornbread, even if it was cornbread cake!
I’m not sure that you will want to replace your favorite recipe with this one, but I do hope you will try the girls’ recipe. It makes a very nice change from the same old, same old.
2 Boxes Jiffy Cornbread Mix (and ingredients needed to prepare)*
1 Yellow Duncan Hines Cake Mix without pudding (and ingredients needed to prepare)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Mix Jiffy Mix according to box directions.
2. Make cake mix according to package directions. Be sure to use the Duncan Hines mix so that you do not have pudding in the mix.
3. Stir the two batters together until they are mixed well enough to become one.
4. Pour into a greased and floured baking pan. I used a 9×13, and it made some very tall cornbread!
5. I baked for 40 minutes, but this will vary according to the size of your pan or pans.
Surprise your guests with a very different cornbread the next time you cook!
*The only thing I would do differently is use 3 boxes of Jiffy Mix and bake in 2 pans so that my cornbread is not so thick.