This one is a Southern delight with a ‘more-ish’ taste. One bite and you want more! This bread freezes well.
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/3 cup water
1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Combine sugar and oil; beat well.
2. Add eggs and beat.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with water.
5. Stir in sweet potatoes and chopped nuts.
6. Pour batter into greased 9×5 inch loaf pan (or 2 small loaf pans).
7. Bake for about one hour.