This hot bread is as hard to resist as our cheddar bread, its sister recipe! It is super easy and can be stirred up within 10 minutes. I make it in a 5 x 9 inch loaf pan; however, you can also drop dough in individual serving sizes onto a cookie sheet and bake that way.
3 Cups Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
10 Slices Bacon, fried (I had exactly 1 cup when it was torn into pieces.)
3 Tablespoons Butter, melted
2 Teaspoons Butter
1 1/4 Cups Milk
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Melt about 2 teaspoons of butter in your bread pan and coat bottom and sides well.
2. Stir flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne. (You may want to sift.)
3. Stir in cheese and bacon.
3. Stir melted butter and egg into dry mix.
4. Add milk and sour cream, stirring just until mixed well. It will be sticky!
5. Place in bread pan and bake. I bake for about 45 minutes, but you might need to check sooner according to how your oven bakes.
This bread slices much better after cooling completely, but we seldom wait!