No matter which holiday it is that rolls around, we always seem to have a houseful of guests (which I love) to be fed. I want breakfast to be a very special meal on those days, BUT I also don’t want to kill myself or dirty every pan in the house, AND I want to be able to sit down and enjoy the meal with my guests.
Below you will find some of our favorite make ahead breakfasts. These have all been a hit with my bunch, and I think they will be with yours as well. All are also guaranteed delicious, and they will allow you to sit down and enjoy the meal yourself!
1. I know that all of you probably have a breakfast casserole recipe; however, here at United we happen to believe that ours is the best. Obviously, you can add other ingredients or omit some of ours…but this one really is good just as is!
2. Of course, we all like sweet breakfasts, and here at Texans United we have several that you are going to want to try. Our make ahead French Toast is some of our worst photography but some of our very best taste!
3. You have to imagine our baked oatmeal with a drizzle of our glaze or even a bit of syrup. I actually made this one to freeze ahead last Easter, and it was a huge hit!
4. Our unbelievably delicious blueberry French Toast casserole is good enough to be a dessert all by itself; however, it makes a great breakfast casserole as well. I’ve never frozen it, but I have cooked until almost done and refrigerated for a day or two before popping back into the oven for about 15 minutes. Seldom do I worry about slicing it, preferring to dip it up right out of the oven. I like it just as is, but it can be topped with anything you like, including whipped cream.
5. And while we’re talking blueberries, our blueberry bread makes a great light breakfast when served with coffee or milk and maybe even a spot of butter or cream cheese. If you are serving an early lunch, this is a great way to do breakfast.
6. You might even want to give your guests a choice between blueberry bread and apple cinnamon breakfast bread. This one has been a huge hit for our recipe section, and I’ve actually even served it as a dessert similar to bread pudding. It’s great with that type of sauce as well!
7. Of course, we do like our TexMex here in Texas, don’t we? If your guests enjoy a south of the border breakfast, Joe Mike is always ready with his huevos rancheros. This is not a make ahead recipe, but it is one that is awfully Texas GOOD!
8. And Brand New to the site is our Sunday Brunch Bake. It can be made ahead; it tastes great, and it makes a really pretty addition to your holiday mornings!