My daughter makes pretty decorated holiday cookies each year, especially at Christmas. I’m just not good at that…actually I made so many Christmas, Valentine, and Easter cookies with her throughout her growing up years until you probably couldn’t pay me to frost even one more cookie!
Today, however, I have a holiday cookie for you that even I will make, and by changing the colors of my sugar and my kiss, I can adapt for any holiday.
1 Bag Candy Cane Kisses
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
1 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
2 Cups Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Tablespoons Milk
Red and Green Colored Sugar
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg in large bowl until.
3. Stir flour, baking soda, and salt together.
4. Alternate dry ingredients and milk to your butter mixture, beating until well blended.
5. Roll dough balls and then roll in colored sugar.
6. Bake about 8 minutes (or at least start checking then).
7. Remove from oven and cool for a couple of minutes.
8. Press a candy kiss into the center of each cookie and let them cool completely.
*If you positively do not have the time to make these but want a similar cookie, you can cheat. Just know that bought dough does not hold its shape well.
This precut dough is about the right size. Roll in sugar, press the kiss into the center of the cookie, and bake. These will be very good, but they will not be the perfect shape when done.