Today, I’m going very mild Mexican, but you can actually flavor your bread with your favorite seasonings. If you like Mexican, you will probably want to add tiny pieces of jalapenos and maybe even cilantro. I’m leaving those out today. You can also make this bread with cinnamon, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, etc. etc.
For the base of today’s bread, I am going to use Grands wheat biscuits, but you can use any of your favorites. (I know, I HATE canned biscuits, but I think this recipe might surprise you!)
I stick butter
2 12 Ounce Cans Biscuits, cut in small pieces
1 1/2 Cups Mexican 4 Cheese
1 1/2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
2 4.5 Ounce Cans Chopped Green Chilies
1 1/2 Teaspoon Parsley (I used fresh.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Butter and flour a Bundt pan.
2. Melt butter in large mixing bowl.
3. Stir all ingredients except biscuits together.
4. Add biscuit pieces and stir together as well as possible. I actually knead it also.
5. When you have “dough,” place in the Bundt pan, patting a bit if necessary.
6. Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Check to be sure bread is done throughout.
*I have no idea why I’m not in the mood for spice today. This version of bubble bread is very mild so if you want a kick to it, be sure to add your favorite spices. It really is very good. Just be sure you get it done enough or it will be spongy in the middle.