If you need a pretty, decorated cookie, these probably are not for you, but if you are looking for a cookie filled with taste, I think you will really like these eggnog cookies. I personally like them better after they have set for an hour or so and the flavors have had time to mesh.
1 1/4 Cups Sugar
3/4 Cup Butter, Softened
1/2 Cup Eggnog
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Egg Yolks
1 1/2 Teaspoons Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 1/4 Cups Flour
1 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
3 Tablespoons Eggnog
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream sugar and butter together.
3. Continue beating and add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks.
4. Add nutmeg, cinnamon, and baking powder.
5. To keep from over mixing, I stir in the flour by hand.
Dough will be sticky so I usually chill it in the fridge at this point.
6. Spoon small balls of dough onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
7. Bake 7-9 minutes.
8. While cookies are baking, stir eggnog and powdered sugar together for the glaze.
9. Glaze your cookies and sprinkle with cinnamon. You can glaze them while they are still warm or after they have cooled.