I have several recipes that call for eggnog, and in small town Texas I can only buy eggnog during the holidays. Since I don’t always have the time to make homemade, I usually keep some nog in the freezer all year long.
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Eggnog
1/2 Cup Butter, melted
2 Tablespoons Rum Extract
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 1/4 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
Preparation For Bread
1. Beat eggs.
2. Add the next 5 ingredients and mix well.
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir until just moist.
4. Pour into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes. Do not overcook.
Ingredients For Glaze
3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar, sifted
Preparation For Glaze
1. Stir eggnog slowly into sugar to form glaze. I used about 3 tablespoons.
2. Pour over warm bread.
This bread freezes well. I usually don’t make the glaze until I am ready to serve; however, I have frozen it with the glaze already on it.