Let’s face it. Sometimes it’s almost impossible to drag ourselves to the stove after a long day at work, isn’t it? Then comes the guilt because you know your family would love a hot, home cooked meal.
Today’s recipe is one that is so easy that it requires no thought and very little work. AND…your family doesn’t have to know just how easy it is!
I believe the following is the original recipe; however, I adjust a lot. I usually cut up a large onion and a large bell pepper. Instead of tomatoes, I often use Rotel Tomatoes with some heat in them.
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup diced onion
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 can (16 ounce size) tomatoes
1 can (12 oz size) kernel corn
1 1/4 cup beef broth*
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 1/3 cup instant rice
1. Brown meat in large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion and pepper and cook until is tender.
3. Add seasonings, tomatoes, corn and bouillon and stir.
4. Stir in rice, remove from heat.
5. Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes.
6. Stir well before serving.
And you have a complete meal…all in one pan!
*If you don’t have broth, you can use a beef bouillon dissolved in 1 1/4 cups of warm water.