This cake begins with a mix, which means that it is very easy. It has enough gooey ingredients in it to mean that it is very, very delicious! It’s going to be ugly in the pan, and if you are not careful, it’s going to rise out of the pan and into the bottom of the oven!
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
1 Cup Coconut
1 (2 layer) German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Cup Butter, melted
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
16 oz. Powdered Sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Sprinkle pecans and coconut in buttered 9 x 13 cake pan.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
3. Spoon into prepared pan.
4. Combine remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
5. Spoon evenly over cake, leaving a 1″ edge.
6. Bake for about 50 minutes. Do not overcook.
7. Cool in pan.
8. To serve, cut into squares and invert onto serving plates. The cream cheese will sink to the bottom and form the “frosting” for the cake.