The name Henry Adcock is synonymous with delicious in Comanche County. When he offered his recipe (actually, I begged) for thumbprint cookies, I jumped before he could change his mind.
I have to tell you that I was amazed to find that they begin with a mix!
Ingredients For Cookies
1 Box Pillsbury Plus German Choc Cake Mix
1/2 Cup Butter, melted
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Evaporated Milk
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
3 Egg Yolks, beaten
1 1/2 Cup Flaked Coconut
1 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In large pan, combine all topping ingredients. Stir well.
2. Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring often.
3. Stir in coconut and pecans, and allow to cool to room temp.
4. Set aside 1 1/4 cups of topping.
5. In large bowl mix cookie ingredients.
6. Stir in all topping mixture except the 1 1/4 cups that you have reserved. Stir by hand until moist.
7. Shape into 1″ balls and put on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
8. Make indention with thumb and then fill the indention with 1/2 rounded teaspoon of reserved topping.
9. Bake for about 13 minutes.
This should make about 5 dozen unbelievably delicious cookies!