My grandson Caden came over to help me make some bread that I had been wanting him to try. We started with some sausage jalapeno cornbread and finished with this delicious blueberry bread.
The recipe actually calls for fresh blueberries; however, I saved $3.00 by using frozen (Dole All Natural), and they were great albeit HUGE! I will definitely make this recipe again, but I will be able to double the recipe and still use only 12 ounces of berries. That alone will cut the price of the bread to almost half. Of course, if you like smaller berries you can always use those.
2 Cups Flour
1 ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 Stick Butter, room temperature
1 Cup Sugar
12 Ounces Blueberries (about 2 cups)
½ Cup Sour Cream
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
1. Butter a loaf pan. I had sour dough bread rising in all of my pans so I had to use mini bread pans, which work better for giving away anyway.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Carefully stir in the blueberries.
4. Cream together the butter and sugar, adding the eggs, one at a time.
5. Stir in the sour cream.
6. Add the dry ingredients, stirring only until mixed well. Be careful not to crush the berries.
7. Put batter (It’s thick!) into a loaf pan and bake for about an hour or until it is the amount of done that you like.
8. Let bread cool for a few minutes before unmolding.