My daughter-in-law makes the best lasagna you can find anywhere. I was thinking about it today when I was trying to come up with a different dip recipe that everyone would like. I’ve seen several variations of this lasagna dip, and every single one of them sounded horrible, calling for turkey along with low fat, skim-type ingredients. YUK!
Sooooo…if you are looking for a dip that you can convince yourself is good for you, my lasagna dip is not the one for you. It’s also not for you, if you aren’t a big fan of lasagna. It is what it is…a delicious splurge for special occasions or special times with friends. As such, why would anyone want to weaken its taste by using less than great ingredients? Besides, the only real carbs in this dip come from the tomato sauce so a little bit isn’t going to wreck the low-carb diet.
1 Pound Ground Round
2 Cups Tomato Sauce
1 1/2 Cups Cottage Cheese
1 1/2 Cups Mozzarella
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Brown meat with salt, garlic salt, oregano, and chopped onion until done. Do not overcook. Drain.
2. Add tomato sauce and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
3. Cover bottom of baking dish with cottage cheese.
4. Spoon meat mixture over cottage cheese.
5. Cover meat with mozzarella.
6. Bake about 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and dip is hot throughout.
This dip pairs well with tortilla chips or crunchy bits of garlic toast.