Thank goodness for daughters who can cook!
Julie made this cake, and her recipe called it a sugar cookie cake. Since she served it for July 4, we renamed it Independence Day Cake. It is completely delicious, and it does have the essence of a sugar cookie!
Ingredients For Cake
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
3/4 Cup Butter
3 Teaspoons Vanilla
2 1/4 Cups Flour
2 1/4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
3/4 Cup Cold Milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan.
1. Cream butter and sugar together.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time.
3. Add vanilla, and beat well.
4. Add flour and baking powder and mix.
5. Finally, stir in milk until batter is smooth.
6. Pour into pan and bake 30-40 minutes.
Ingredients For Icing
4 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Butter
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
3 Tablespoons Milk
Strawberries and Blueberries (for flag)
1. Cream sugar and butter.
2. Beat in vanilla.
3. Add milk as needed to get the desired consistency.
4. Spread over cake.
5. Use berries to create the flag.
We thought this one was delicious!