Nothing beats a great stick to your ribs kind of meal when it’s cold outside or when you just want to curl up on the sofa Sunday afternoon with a full belly and take a siesta. I enjoyed it in the evening with a glass of red wine, made here in our wonderful state of Texas, and it helped put me to sleep like a baby. So maybe we could use this recipe as a sleep aid! lol
This is a simple yet very filling and delicious recipe shared by Jessica Railsback, Credit Analyst Associate with Central Texas Farm Credit. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did.
- 2 qt. pan
- wooden Spoon
- 9×13 glass dish
- 2 lbs. ground beef (browned) – I substituted ground pork for my recipe
- 1 – 7 oz. can of green chilies
- 1 – 10 oz. can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 – 10 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg. of corn tortillas
- 3 to 4 cups of mexican shredded cheese (or as much as desired)
- 1/4 cup of Monterrey Enchilada Sauce mix (found at www.elmonterey.com) – I also substituted it with the sauce I found at my local grocery store
- 2 cups of water.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Layer you 9×13 dish with the corn tortillas
- Add the browned meat
- Spread the cream of chicken and the cream of mushroom over the meat
- Boil your water and the enchilada sauce. Mix it into a paste then add it as a layer on top of the soup layer
- Sprinkle with green chilies
- Then cover with cheese and bake for 20 mins.
And the results are yummy. Thanks again to Central Texas Farm Credit for sharing such a great recipe.