Because I’m a confirmed carb watcher, I don’t eat a lot of bread, and I sure don’t want something poured onto my bread if I am going to splurge and eat it; however, as far as I’m concerned Jessica nailed it with these very, very different party sandwiches. I wouldn’t want them every day, but they are a great change of pace!
Hawaiian Dinner Rolls, I used 1 pack plus 4
Shaved Ham, 1 pound (I probably used 1/2 this amount.)
Thinly Sliced Swiss Cheese, 1 pound (I probably used 1/2 this amount.)
Butter, 1 stick
Brown Sugar, 1/4 cup plus about 2 tablespoons
Yellow Mustard, 2 tablespoons
Worchester Sauce, 2 tablespoons
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Melt sauce ingredients in sauce pan over low heat.
3. While it is melting, slice rolls in half. Line bottoms of rolls in buttered pans, bottom (brown) side down.
4. Place a piece of ham and cheese on each. You decide the amount you want on each sandwich.
5. Drizzle a tiny amount of sauce over the ham and cheese.
6. Place the tops back on the rolls, over the ham and cheese.
7. Drizzle the rest of your sauce over the tops of the rolls.*
8. Bake at 325 degrees for about 13-15 minutes or until sandwiches are hot.
Serve immediately. Our sandwiches were just the right texture, not soggy at all!
*You will have to decide it you need to use all of the sauce or not. It is possible that you may not want quite so much sauce on your sandwiches or that you will want more sandwiches than what I made here since I made fewer than what the recipe specifies.
These sandwiches can also be made ahead, covered tightly, and held in the fridge. When you are ready to serve, cover with sauce and bake.