I didn’t cheat badly…but I must admit that I did break my no carb rule long enough to take a bite…a rather large bite….of this one. Oh, my gosh it is absolutely delicious if you like creamy coconut heaven!
Our cousin, Laquita Lane James, made this dessert for our 2013 Lane reunion, and I almost didn’t get a photo of it before it was completely devoured.
1/2 Cup Butter, melted
1 Cup Flour
1 1/4 Cups Coconut
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Slivered Almonds
1 Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix, small
1 Instant Coconut Pudding Mix, small
2 2/3 Cups Milk, cold
2 Cups Cool Whip
1. Mix first 5 ingredients together and press gently into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
2. Stirring every 10 minutes, bake until golden, about 25-30 minutes.
4. Press 1/2 of this crunch mixture into the bottom of the 9 x 13 to form a crust.
5. Mix both pudding mixes with the milk until thickened.
6. Mix in the Cool Whip.
7. Pour over the crunch mixture.
8. Top with the rest of the crunch mixture and chill until serving time.