I’m still working on getting a jump on the holiday season so that it will be easy for me to have treats to serve “at the drop of a hat” when guests stop by. Today, I’m working on some totally awesome cookies!
Anyway, these are my very favorite cookies, with just about everything you can imagine in them. (I omit the chocolate chips.). They are meant to be HUGE, but you can make them any size that you like, and you will need to adjust your baking time accordingly.
I don’t have my own photo for you today because I’m going straight to the freezer with my dough. I have not frozen it before, but I have frozen the cookies, and that works great.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups sweetened flake coconut
2 cups chopped pecans (8 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
3. In 8-quart bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 1 minute. Gradually beat in sugars; beat to combine, 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in vanilla.
5. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans.
6. For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
7. Bake until edges are lightly browned; rotate sheets halfway through. If you make smaller cookies, you will just need to keep a good check on them until you figure out your time. The giant ones will take anywhere from 17-25 minutes.
8. Remove cookies from rack to cool.
Photo from http://www.lovintheoven.com.