This has been a go to recipe for me for the past thirty-five years. It’s easy, and when I’m in a hurry or when I can’t think of another thing to cook, I pull it out once again because we all love its TexMex flavor.
You do have to forgive me my photos on this one. The ones I have do not look great, and I completely forgot to snap one after I had a serving plateed…too many people here the last time we served this one!
1 Pound Ground Round (Sometimes I use more.)
1 Onion, if you like onion
2 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 Cans Cream of Celery Soup
1 Can Enchilada Sauce, any degree of heat
1 Small Can Chopped Green Chilis, if you like them
1 Bag Taco Flavored Doritos
1 Cup Milk
Velveeta (I use about 1/2 of a big box, chunked.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degres.
2. Dice your onion and put it and meat into skillet to brown. Drain any excess fat.
3. While meat is cooking combine all of the rest of the ingredients (except the Doritos) in a large container.
4. Pour the Doritos in a large casserole. If they won’t all fit, no worries.
5. Add drained meat mixture to other ingredients, stirring together well.
6. Pour all over the Doritos and back for about 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is set.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can put it all together and refrigerate for a day or two if that works best for you. Just don’t pour over the Doritos until you are ready to cook.