Or Maybe It’s A Spaghetti Casserole!
One of my dearest friends in the world was a long ago minister’s wife, Oneta Brandon. Oneta was one of the best cooks to ever enter a kitchen, and she often created a feast from what most of us would have considered nothing. Of course, on a minister’s salary, and with members of the congregation often stopping by and expecting a tidbit, Oneta really had no choice.
Her recipe for More is actually one of the more elaborate recipes that she cooked. She named it More because every time she served it, people asked for more!
2 Pounds Lean Hamburger Meat
1 Large Onion, chopped
1 Green Pepper, chopped
Spaghetti, about a 12 ounce pack
1 Package Spaghetti Mix, dry
1 Can Corn, drained (I left a bit of juice in peas and corn.)
1 Can English Peas, drained
1 Can Original Rotel
1 Small Jar Pimentos, chopped
1 Pound Grated American Cheese (Oneta used sharp.)
1 Can Black Olives, chopped (I use the large can.)
1 Clove Garlic
Preheat oven to 375.
1. Split garlic and rub inside a large casserole pan then rub pan with butter.
2. Brown meat with onion and green pepper.
3. Boil spaghetti until done. Drain and rinse.
4. Stir all ingredients together (except cheese) and pour in casserole. Oneta actually just poured everything into the casserole pan and stirred it there!
5. Top all with cheese and heat in oven until cheese is melted, about 25 minutes. If your oven heats extra hot, you may need to reduce heat to 350.
If you are like the rest of us, after one serving you will still be wanting more!