From what Garry Steele and board members are telling me, it’s going to be an event that you do NOT want to miss when on May 17, 2014, the Comanche County Historical Museum hosts its first annual Pioneer Days on the museum grounds.
The day offers something for everyone, but board members stress that they do have lots of plans for entertaining the kiddos and, of course, anytime the museum is involved there is great food to be had!
The fare for the 17th will be Steve Clemons’ brisket with all of the trimmings as well as hot dogs and Henry Adcock desserts.
1. Spinning Demonstration- John and Ingrid Nabors
2. Coloring Contests- Kay Stinson
3. Doll Making Demonstrations- Cindy Brannon
4. Flint Knapping Demonstrations- Tommy Patterson
5. Texas in the Civil War Presentations- Cris Bloyd and Kevin Wilson
6. American Indian Presentations- Chris McNutt
7. SCV Presentations- Camp 1904
8. Washing Clothes the Hard Way Demonstrations- Missy Jones
9. Buggy Rides For Kiddos- David Woolam
10. Donnie Bingham and Friends Performing
Photos will also be available with any of the above or with Bobby Lane’s 1905 Caddy. Of course, it is showroom perfect!
As you can see, it is shaping up to be an event you simply do not want to miss!