Just so you know, this one is absolutely delicious and well worth the time it takes to make. Today, it is Presley (my granddaughter) and I who are creating an almost Valentine’s Day treat for the others. Pres is doing the work while I tell her how. Since we just left the basketball court, we decided not to let you see a photo of either of us!
1 package regular Oreos (about 36)
6 Tablespoon butter, melted
1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons cold milk
1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
2 – 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding.
3 1/8 cups cold milk (Don’t use more!)
1. Pulse Oreos in food processor until they are crumbs.
2. Add Oreos to melted butter and stir until well combined.
3. Press crumb mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and put in freezer while you continue.
4. Beat very, very well the cream cheese, sugar, and milk.
5. Stir 1 1/4 cups of the Cool Whip into the cheese mixture.
6. Spread cheese mixture over Oreo crust and return to freezer.
7. Beat puddings and milk together until pudding starts to thicken. (You can actually do this by hand as well.)
8. Carefully spread pudding over the cheese mixture.
9. Return to freezer for about 5-10 minutes. Then spread with the remaining Cool Whip.
If you plan to serve soon, you can return to freezer for a bit to help dessert set. If not, just put in the fridge until you are ready to serve.