If you’ve read many of the recipes I post, you already know that I’m not big on recipes that use a mix UNLESS they are really good, and this one seems to be a hit every time I bake it. Of course, if you happen to be in the Comanche area and want a taste before you bake, Southern Pride Restaurant on the south side of the square in Comanche will be serving this one on April 9 so stop in for lunch and see what you think!
Devils Food Cake Mix
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
3/4 Cup Water
2 Cups Crushed Oreos
Powdered Sugar (if you want to dust cake)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Mix well all ingredients except Oreos.
2. Stir in Oreos.
3. Grease and flour either a bundt pan or an angel food cake pan.
4. Bake. Begin checking after 30 minutes. The goal is to bake until cake is set without overcooking.
5. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before unmolding.
This is a very moist cake, and you may not want to add any type of frosting to it. For today, I’m going to add the following.
1/2 to 3/4 Cup Whipping Cream
Equal Amount of Chocolate Chips. I like milk chocolate.
1. Heat cream to a good simmer.
2. Pour over the chips and stir until melted and mixed well.
3. Pour over cake that has cooled to the barely warm stage.
4. Dust with powdered sugar if you want that look or leave it totally chocolate!