I was so carried away with the topping on my Blueberry Ice Cream Bread that I added it to this Peanut Butter Banana Bread. I’ve not done that before. All I used is a 1/4 cup brown sugar and 3 tablespoons melted butter. As far as the taste goes, it was fabulous, but if you need pretty slices, try keeping the butter at 2 tablespoons because I think it was the butter that made it a little more crunchy, and that made it difficult to slice prettily.
This one is baked and in the freezer!
3 Ripe Bananas, mashed
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (I like crunchy.)
1/4 Cup Oil
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Peanut Butter Chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Grease and flour a loaf pan. I used 8×4.*
2. Mix all ingredients through the brown sugar together. I used the mixer.
3. Stir in dry ingredients with a large spoon. Do not over stir.
4. Stir in chips.
5. Pour into loaf pan. If you are making the topping, simply sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the batter. Drizzle with butter.
6. Begin checking after 50 minutes. Cook time will vary with your oven and the size of your pan. With the 8×4 pan, it will probably take about an hour.
Fold in peanut butter chips and spread batter into prepared pan.
Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack.
*I was trying to make a fatter loaf by using the 8×4, but it really is a tiny bit too small, especially if you add the topping. I had to set my bread pan in a pan to keep it from ruining my oven. I think you will like a slightly larger loaf pan.