This is one of those cakes that is way to easy to be so unbelievably good. Today, thank goodness, I’m making this one to give away so I can’t make a pig of myself! Of course, I won’t have great photos since I can’t slice it so you will have to use your imagination until you can try it for yourself.
Believe it or not, you’re actually going to start by simply making a white cake mix according to box directions. And just so you know, I am not a cake mix kind of person….not at all so just trust me here. And remember that it will need to be refrigerated.
1 White Cake Mix, prepared and baked as per box directions
1 Can Cream Of Coconut, Shake it well!
1 Large (not super size) Container Cool Whip
1 Small Bag Coconut, or to taste
1. Bake cake mix according to package directions. Normally I use a 9 x 13 pan, but today I used the only throw away that I had.
2. As soon as cake comes out of oven, use a fork to punch holes all over it.
3. Slowly pour cream of coconut over cake, giving it time to absorb.
4. Cool completely. I usually put it in the fridge.
5. Mix cool whip and most of the coconut together and “frost” cake.
6. Use rest of coconut to sprinkle on top of cake. The amount of coconut you use is completely up to you.
I think you will find that this one is a keeper!