I didn’t have time to bake today, not at all. However, it is Saturday and that means that tomorrow is Sunday and I need something to take to church early in the morning so that it will be there when the men and children of the congregation walk in the door a few minutes early, ready for a cup of coffee or a glass of milk and something sweet to eat.
1 Stick Butter, softened
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
5 Bananas, really ripe and mashed
2 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
6 Ounces Crushed Pineapple, drained
5 Ounces Cream of Coconut, not coconut milk!
1/2 Cup Nuts, I used Nature’s Harvest Coconut Flavored Sliced Almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cream butter and sugars.
2. Add bananas and mix just well blended.
3. Beat in eggs.
4. Add dry ingredients a little at a time. You may not can get all worked in well so don’t over beat. From this point on, I used a spoon to stir.
5. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, and cream of coconut.
6. Stir in nuts, if using.
7. Pour into 2 small loaf pans.*
8. Bake. Begin checking after 45 minutes, but I baked an hour and fifteen minutes.*
*I actually completely destroyed this recipe today! I tried baking in one loaf pan (as my original recipe calls for), and I simply could not get it done. It will be back to two smaller pans or maybe even three mini pans next time!