This one is for all of you sissies out there…you know who you are…you non-coffee drinkers, you! I must admit that it is beyond me just how it is that there is anyone who doesn’t enjoy a good cup of coffee, but never let it be said that I am completely biased on the subject. Anyway, with Thanksgiving looming on the very near horizon, I’m rounding up our best pumpkin recipes.
I think you will LOVE this one! It’s my own invention of a coffee(less) holiday latte for those of you who just don’t like the Joe. The beauty of it is that you can prepare it before your guests arrive and serve as soon as they walk in the door looking for something to warm them up on a winter eve.
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
3 Cups Milk, for starters
1/2 Cup Half and Half, for starters
Cinnamon or Nutmeg, to taste
Vanilla, I used a little over a tablespoon.
1/4 Cup Sugar, for starters
Whipped Cream, to taste
*You will have to taste as you go the first time you make this. For my family, 1/4 cup of sugar doesn’t even start to be enough.
1. Over low heat, gradually heat your milk, pumpkin, and sugar. Stir constantly. Taste.
2. Add half and half in the amount desired, or you can simply use another cup of milk.
3. Right before you remove from stove, stir in vanilla. Do not allow mixture to boil.
4. Add to cups and top with whipped cream.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, or both.