Oh my! What do you get when you take two delicious family favorites and put them together? Dessert Heaven! Obviously, I’m too much of a health nut to suggest you make these fabulous brownies every day or even very often. However, when you need to be the hit of the party, or when you just deserve a reward a bit of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Brownies will be just what you need!
I’m making my brownies from scratch, but if you have a boxed brownie mix that you really like, you can certainly use that as well.
1 Cup Butter, softened
2 Cups Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
3/4 Cup Cocoa
1 Cup Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
16 (or so) Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Pecans, if you want to use them.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Beat butter and sugar until combined well.
2. Beat in one egg at a time.
3. Add vanilla.
4. Combine dry ingredients and then mix into batter.
5. Pour 1/2 of batter into a greased and floured 9 x 9 baking pan. Lay pecan halves in rows gently across batter, if using pecans.
6. Gently lay peanut butter cups on top of pecans so that cups touch each other and batter is completely covered.
7. Cover peanut butter cups with the rest of the batter, making sure that all cups are covered well.
8. Begin checking after 30 minutes. These take about 40 minutes in my oven.
9. Cool a bit before slicing.
These brownies truly are very, very rich…but they are DELISH!