This dip is absolutely delicious but so rich that you will only be able to eat small amounts at a time. I served it tonight, and the bowl was “licked” clean!
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Peanut Butter*
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
8 Ounces Cream Cheese
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
8 Ounces Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups (about 1 1/2 cups)
*I used extra crunchy because that is what we had. Creamy might actually be better for this dip.
1. Melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Cool to room temp.
3. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar till smooth. Set aside until peanut butter mixture is room temp.
4. Add peanut butter mixture to cream cheese mixture. Stir well.
5. Stir in chips and peanut butter cups.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This dip is good with apple slices, strawberries, ginger snaps, and even chocolate graham crackers. I personally think it works best with fruit simply because it is a very sweet dip.