I seldom allow myself to eat them, but the truth of the matter is that I LOVE Rolos. I don’t, however, love cake mixes so I was very concerned that these cookie bars would taste like something made with a mix, and truthfully, seldom are cookie bars made with a mix as good as bars made from scratch. These Rolo Bars are, however, a good substitute in a pinch. I personally think you will like them better if you have time to make and seal in something airtight for a day or so. The flavors seem to mix well that way…or so the men at church tell me!
Yellow Cake Mix
5 Ounces Evaporated Milk
¼ Cup Butter, melted
4-5 Packs Rolo Candy Pieces, each cut in half
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish.
2. Mix together cake mix, milk and butter. Batter will be thick.
3. Put ½ batter in baking dish, pressing into pan.
4. Bake just until batter begins to set, about 8 minutes.
5. Take halved Rolos and place over hot batter, caramel side down.
6. Drop “blobs” of remaining batter over all.
7. Bake until golden. Begin checking after 20 minutes.