When There’s NO TIME To Bake!
It’s no secret that Rickey and I are football fans and always have been. Of course, with the number of boys my family has produced, it’s a good thing we like it since we don’t really have a choice as to what we will do with ourselves every single Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from late August until about Christmas each season.
This year is no exception so it was just recently that after our fifth game of the week we were headed home on a Saturday night, our last hundred-mile trek of the week. I was curled into the fetal position wondering, as I do at the end of every week, just how many more games I have left in me…when it hit me. Our congregation was having a fellowship luncheon the next day! I did get my main dish cooked, but the following “recipe” was the absolute best I could manage for my dessert.
2 Packages Snickerdoodle Preformed Cookies
White Chocolate Chips, to taste
Coconut, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Butter a 9 x 13 casserole.
2. My cookies were already touching each other when I opened the package so I just laid both sets of dough side by side before microwaving for about 10 seconds. I used Snickerdoodle dough, but you could use sugar cookie dough and just dust with cinnamon.
3. Once dough is slightly soft, press it gently until it completely fills the pan. Use enough dough so that your cookies are not terribly thin.
4. Top dough with white chocolate. I probably used about 1/2 of the package.
5. Sprinkle with enough coconut to cover. I only used enough so that the chocolate would hold the coconut to the cookie when it melted.
6. You’ll have to play with how long you bake. I set the oven for 15 minutes and then just tested after that.
7. I think you will have to let these cool completely to be able to slice them easily.
If people did not enjoy, they did a great job of hiding it. I even had a couple of requests for my recipe so since my secret was already brought to light, I decided I might as well share with all of you as well!