This bread is delicious, and it is usually prettier than what you are seeing here. Today, after I already had it in the pan and was loading the dishwasher, I saw an egg rolling around on my counter. Assuming I had forgotten to put in the 2nd egg, I took the dough out of the pan and stirred in the egg. Of course, I had to stir too much to get it mixed well!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups strawberries, cut into small pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. Mixer cream butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
3. In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add buttermilk and only stir until just combined; do not over mix.
4. Carefully fold in strawberries. Dough mixture will be thick.
5. Bake in a 350°F oven for 50-60 minutes.
6. Let it cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan.