Last week I posted my daughter’s “new” strawberry cake recipe, and it is without a doubt the best strawberry cake that I have ever had…even if it turned out to be not all that new! This week I am posting my daughter-in-law’s delicious strawberry pretzel salad (the real name) recipe. Like the strawberry cake, I also began making this one in the 70s, taking it to every church function possible for at least a decade!
I no longer have to make this one either since it has become Donna’s specialty, and she brings it when we all get together. Like the cake, it will be one of the best strawberry desserts you will ever eat.
Ingredients For Crust
2 Cups Crushed Pretzels
3/4 Cup Melted Butter
3 Tablespoons Sugar
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Mix together well and pat into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
2. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Ingredients For Pie
8 Ounces Cream Cheese
1 Cup Sugar
8 Ounces Cool Whip*
1. Beat well the cheese and sugar.
2. Stir in the Cool Whip and mix until all combined.
3. Spread over cooled crust.
Ingredients For Topping
6 Ounces Strawberry Jello
2 Cups Boiling Water
20 Ounces Frozen Sliced Strawberries* (I use sweetened.)
A Few Whole Strawberries
1. Mix Jello into boiling water.
2. Stir strawberries into water.
3. Pour over cheese mixture and refrigerate.
*You have to remember that I haven’t personally made this recipe in a long time. Donna uses 12 ounces of Cool Whip and she uses whole berries entirely.