These recipe is a staple around my house given that we both like bacon, we both like chicken, and we both like a dish with a sweet & spicy combo. It’s made with simple ingredients that I usually have lying around my kitchen too which is a huge bonus for me!
4 Chicken Breast or 8 chicken strips
1 package of bacon (I like to use Pederson’s Natural Farms Hickory Smoked Bacon)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine your Garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper and season your chicken generously.
2. Cook the chicken in a cast iron skillet (or other oven safe skillet) until outside is no longer raw.
3. Remove chicken from heat and let cool until it is comfortable to handle.
4. Wrap chicken in strips of bacon (mmmm…delish!)
5. Place brown sugar on a plate and roll bacon wrapped chicken in brown sugar, coating generously.
6. Place chicken back in oven safe skillet and place in the 400 degree oven for 30 – 40 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.